Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sunday night is the new Sunday morning! And by that I mean, running on Sunday evening was soooo fantastic and I may reserve my long Sunday runs for nightime instead of first thing in the morning . Chris and I both slept in till noon which I was pretty mad about. I did not want to sleep that late, but I guess we needed it. So, it was way too hot by then to go running outside and I did NOT want to do my 90 minutes run on a treadmill today. So, we went about our day (lunch with James and Maria, Despicable Me! which was soooo good, and grocery shopping) and then I set out for my run at 7:18. I thought that it would still be too hot and that I'd prob. just do an hour run and try and make up the miles throughout the week. But, something wonderful happened as I was running. I felt GREAT! I felt like I could run all night, the temperature was perfect and it was just a beautiful Sunday evening. I decided to keep running until I ran for 45 minutes and then turn around. That way...I'd have no choice but to run the whole 45 minutes back home and it would be my 90 minute run. Before I even realized it, I had run an hour. I would be lying if I said I did't look at my watch every 30 seconds during the last 10 minutes of the run. But, for most of it, I was feeling fantastic. I'm so so so happy that I did the full 90 minutes I was supposed to and I'm also really glad I did it at night because even though I slept 10 hours last night, I am sooooo ready to just pass out right now.
Happy after my first long run of my training!
Miles Run today: 9
Total Miles Run for 2010: 406

Saturday July 17, 2010:
Did a nice 3 mile run on the treadmill at the gym....I watched "cooking for Real" and learned how to make empanadas and chicken and cheese stuffed potatoes. OMG the empanadas looked sooo good and I bought everything I need to make them this week! After my run, I did weight/abs/legs for another hour. It was a fantastic day at the gym!
Miles Run today: 3
Total Miles Run for 2010: 397

No comments:

Post a Comment