Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I was itttching to do some hard interval training today. I was supposed to do another 7x400 hills but I just wanted to do some speed-work because I haven't done that in awhile and I read a blog post yesterday about how important HIIT is (high intensity interval training). Today, I warmed up at 6mph pace for 5 minutes, then I ran 1 minute at a 7.5-8.2 mph pace (I went up incrementally each time) with either a 1 or 1:30 minute rest in between walking at 4.3mph. At around 20 minutes, I did 30 second sprints at 8.2 mph with a 30 second walk at 4.0mph. Then at 25 minutes, I ran for 5 minutes at 6.3mph. At 30 minutes I had run/traveled exactly 3 miles...and then I walked to cool down for 5 minutes.

It was harrrrrd but really great. I feel like I really spiked my metabolism for the day.

Miles Run today: 3
Total Miles Run for 2010: 434.5

No comments:

Post a Comment