Monday, July 12, 2010

Half Marathon Training Begins!

Today starts my 12 week training program for the October 3rd Half-Marathon!! I'm sooo excited to be back to some sort of regime, though I would be lying if I said that I didn't enjoy kicking back for the past 2 months and just running as I felt like it...which...was still about 3 times a week typically. But, it's time for me to get back on track with this. Mandy has now signed up for the race as well so me, Mandy and Mal are all in this together and it's very motivating! I was supposed to run 3 miles this morning, but the loop in Central Park that I run is 1.7 miles so I just did that twice and ran back to the gym for a total of 3.5 miles to kick off my trainig! After that, I did a ton of free weights and leg excercises. I was sweating like a bandshee this morning!
Miles Run today: 3.5
Total Miles Run for 2010: 387
Here is my training schedule for the rest of July (but you can click on the arrows to see the full 12 week schedule):



Saturday I went for a run with Ben and his mom on the Cape!! It was sooo nice. His mom joined us for the first 3 miles, which was all Ben and I planned on doing. However, after 3 miles, we felt good and felt we could do one more mile. Well, 2 miles later we got back to his parent's cape house just as the sun was coming out and it was getting HOT!! Ben hopped right into the pool...I decided to shower first before doing that. I hate going in the pool with clothes on..I needed my swim suit! It was really beautiful running through these neighborhoods, and I'm so glad we made ourselves go out. Some of the houses were amazing and along the marina or on the water. It was so peaceful and serene, and I can't even imagine what it must be like to live in such a peaceful, calm, beautiful place. I felt like I was truly on vacation, running and all!

Miles Run today: 5 
Total Miles Run for 2010: 383.5

No comments:

Post a Comment