Thursday, July 15, 2010

Running on 5 hours of sleep is NOT fun. I got home late last night from a Sting Concert at the Met (amaaazing) and went to bed at 1am. I was supposed to get up and meet my coworker to go running in the city with her this morning. Luckily, she texted me around 6:20 saying that she didn't get much sleep and wasn't going to be able to meet me. "YES!!" this was my out!!!! But Chris's alarm clock kept going off and I was laying there in bed going over and over in my head "should I run? should I run it tomorrow? but I wanted a day off tomorrow...should I run tonight? No..I can't run tonight...should I get up?" Finally, I said this is ridiculous, I'm obviously not falling back asleep so I got up and sludged (is that a word?) through a 4 mile run around the neighborhood. I almost gave up around mile 3 but I persevered. Luckily, the humidity wasn't too bad either. I'm realllly happy I got up this morning despite being tired. Having the pressure of training and knowing that your friends are training, too hanging over your head is the perfect motivation that I need and was lacking for the past 2 months!

Miles Run today: 4
Total Miles Run for 2010: 398

No comments:

Post a Comment