Monday, August 1, 2011

August 1, 2011

Well.....my time has arrived. It is time to train for another half marathon!!! I have to say....i've been dreading this. I haven't really run at all since April, I'm soooo out of shape and I just don't know if I have it in me to start training for another half marathon. But I have to say...getting up this morning for a 3 mile run before work was fantastic, and I really hope that this time, I'm back for good. I just feel 10X more accomplished and happy on days that I get up to work out before work, plus it was a gorgeous morning! I usually hate missing getting ready with Chris in the morning but when I came back...he was just waking up!

Here's my motivation for training this time: The Delaware and Lehigh Heritage Half Marathon. It's a gorgeous trail near my hometown and I know that on October 23rd, it's just simply going to be the most BEAUTIFUL race I'll ever run, with all the Fall leaves and cool weather. I can't wait to see the beautiful PA countryside on this run. My partner in crime this time around will be the lovely, Christina!

So I did 3 miles in 31 minutes. I used my new Garmin Forerunner and I'm so mad I forgot to bring it with me today because I wanted to upload my stats and start tracking things. I def. was keeping a slower pace than normal and my knees were bothering me by the end of the run. I'm going to need to ease into things for a few weeks while I get back into shape and make sure that I build up my leg muscle again so I don't put too much pressure on my knees. According to my schedule I didn't need to run today, but I wanted to get a good start to my week, and see how I could handle 3 miles to begin with.

Here's my running calendar for the month.



Miles today: 3
Total Miles Run for 2011: 44

No comments:

Post a Comment