Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Today I did a great 3.5 mile run. My ipod has been dead this week and I keep forgetting to charge it so I've been without music for the past three days! I actually don't mind too much because I have a lot to think about anyway during my runs so I don't even realize I don't have music sometimes. Last week I was already 2 miles into my run before I realized that I had my ipod and headphones in but had never turned it on. However, I do need some music soon to help me step up the pace.

Today I ran 3.5 Miles in 33:32. I'd like to really try and get my 5K time to 30 minutes or less so I think that will be a goal of mine over the next few weeks. I kept an average pace of a 9:34 minute/mile. and my average heart rate was 117bpm.
Here are my stats:

Pace and Heart rate stats:
Miles today: 3.5
Total Miles Run for 2011: 73.61

Wanna know something interesting? By this date last year I had already run 486 miles total for the year!! I think I was a crazy person...What's interesting to me though...is I'm the same weight whether I run 486 miles or 70. So what this has taught me over the past year that even though working out and being healthy is obviously important...weight really primarily has to do with what and how you eat, and that I don't have to run like a crazy person just to keep my weight down.


No comments:

Post a Comment