Friday, September 17, 2010

I feel like this always happens to me in the last two weeks before a race. I get lazy. I think "well...I can't get much better by this point anyway..so what's the point? what's done is done!" Plus, it's sooo dark outside at 6:15 when I set my alarm..I think "I can't run in the dark!" But the race is 2 weeks away!! 2 weeks!! I HAVE to stay on target. I've done pretty well so far...just two more weeks of early morning runs and then I can switch over to some DVD's and get back to weight training.

I slept in this morning...again...and only had time for 3 miles, even though I was supposed to run for 55 minutes as my schedule told me. So I did 3 miles...I power-housed through the last half mile. It was HUMID this morning and I was dripping with sweat by the end of the run, which believe it or not, is pretty unusual for me. Anyway, tomorrow I am running for 2 hours, which should equal about 12 miles if I stay on pace. I need to do this by 10:00am because my friend is coming over at 11:00 to do my makeup for the wedding I'm going to and I'll need a good hour to shower and cool down before that. That means I have to be out the door by 8:00 tomorrow..can I do it?? The answer is: I have to.

Miles Run today: 3
Total Miles Run for 2010: 561.47

No comments:

Post a Comment