Friday, September 10, 2010

Crazy hard run this morning. I realized yesterday that I didn't do my interval training this week..so I had to do it this morning. I mapped out a street in the neighborhood across the street from me that's exactly .5 miles from start to finish. I had to do 5 fast 1/2 mile runs with a cooldown in between each one. 

Here were my times for each 1/2 mile run. I realllly wanted my best one to be my last..but I couldn't do it. The first two were the fastest, for obvious reasons.
1. 3:41
2. 3:41
3. 3:46
4. 3:46
5. 3:51
This was HARD. It was the first time that I did an interval training on my own and NOT on a treadmill. Keeping up the pace was entirely up to me, and it is such a mind game to keep yourself going fast. I will def. be trying this one again next week to see if I can improve my time. It's also amazing the different muscles you use sprinting..my legs are extremely sore today!!


Miles Run today: 2.5
Total Miles Run for 2010: 550.61

No comments:

Post a Comment