Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I hit the 500 mark!

Tuesday, August 24th
I was supposed to do interval training today: 4 fast 1/2 mile runs with a cool down in between each section. However, it took me an hour and  a half to get into the city today. The LIRR is a mess this week because of a track fire near Jamaica station yesterday. I waited 20 minutes for a train this morning. I actually didn't mind that much because I was able to watch a full episode of Dexter and it's getting sooooo goood! But, I did have to modify my work-out. I did my 3 miles today that I'm supposed to do tomorrow...and tomorrow I'll do the interval trainig. I prob. could have fit it in today, but I wanted to be safe knowing that I can do a quick 3 miles and still get to work on time.
Miles Run today: 3
Total Miles Run for 2010: 501

Monday, August 23rd
I didn't run my 9 miler for the 2nd weekend in a row. This is a problem. So, I did 6 on the treadmill this morning! Oy! It was really hot in the gym, but it was a good steady paced run, and I felt great afterward.

Miles Run today: 6
Total Miles Run for 2010: 498

Saturday, August 21
It was a lot hotter out than I thought it would be today, but it wasn't too bad. I also started out this run not so great...my legs felt weird, almost like I was getting shin splints and I also got a slight side sticker at the start. I guess that's what happens when you don't run for However, once I ran a mile it all started to fall into place and I felt back to my normal running self again. I felt like I could have run longer than my 6 today..but we had plans and I got a later start to my day than I wanted (per usual)
Miles Run today: 6
Total Miles Run for 2010: 492


Tuesday, August 17
Interval training today! It went very well...these are intense!
Miles Run today: 3
Total Miles Run for 2010: 486

No comments:

Post a Comment