Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I was talking to my trusty gym friend and fellow runner, Melissa, yesterday about the awful run I had on Sunday. She brought up a good point...one in which I don't know why I didn't think about sooner. I kept saying my run was difficult because I waited too late in the afternoon and had already eaten breakfast..but it probably actually had to do with the copious amounts of food I ate on Saturday night out at dinner with friends..Not to mention the 3 glasses of wine I had. UH DUH!! That certainly was not the smartest thing I did. Sooo even though I have bar plans with friends this Saturday night...I will be drinking seltzer water because I am NOT slugging through a 7 mile run again this Sunday.

I really didn't think I'd be able to run today. Chris and I stayed up an hour later than usual last night...I really wanted to see Rachel Flatt perform in ice skating..why do they have ice skating on sooo late??? Isn't that a main event? it should be Prime TIME people..PRIME TIME! Anyway...I contemplated spinning as my cross training today instead of running. Buuuut I thought I'd at least try running for 2 reasons. 1) There's only 3 days left of Today show Olympic coverage and I just love watching it. Meredith, Matt, Al and..ugh I guess sometimes Ann (she's so annoying) have been getting me through my runs lately because I LOVE hearing about Canada and all the Olympic coverage.  And..I feel like I'm starting to notice a change in the running I'm doing. My legs feel stronger. I feel like I'm starting to get my shape back...as in...I think I'm finally getting toned up again like I was last year training for the race..but then subsequently lost. Soo that's keeping me motivated.

Miles Run today: 3.75
Total Miles Run for 2010: 94

No comments:

Post a Comment