Monday, February 8, 2010

4.5 miles today. The cable was out at the gym which made me ANGRY. BUT I was forced to listen to my ipod which has some running podcasts from Fitness Magazine so I thought I'd try one on interval training. At first...it seemed really easy. The warm up was at a slower pace than usual and I was having trouble walking at 4.7 mph for the cool downs. But, by the end, he had me sprinting for 30 second or 60 second intervals at 7.8mph which is much faster than I've sprinted before. Usually..when I do intervals....I sprint between 7.2 and sometimes 7.5. So this podcast was really great because today I learned that I can and should sprint at 7.8 mph and running at that speed is 90% of my capacity, which really gets the heart rate up and going. It was good for me...and even though the beginning was easy, I think this will be a challenging run when I do it outside because I know that I have trouble keeping up my pace outside. I'm so excited for it to get warm enough for me to continue training outside. It's been so long and I'm anxious to see how/if I feel any different this year running outside because I feel more in shape this time around (even though I'm 5 pounds heavier, which will severely add time to my overall run) :(

Miles Run today: 4.5
Total Miles Run for 2010: 64.75

2 comments:

  1. Yay I am so excited! I want us to run together outside ASAP so I/we can work on outdoor pace and see if it is viable for us to run together. Love you! :)
    -MJS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I JUST noticed this comment! i can't wait either!

    ReplyDelete