Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Thanks Meghan!

You know it's bad when the people who work at AND attend the gym in the morning see you after a month hiatus and go "where the heck have you been?!?!" At least it's nice to know that I was missed and that it didn't go unnoticed. But it was also slightly embarrassing because there are a small handful of us that are at the gym every morning at the same time...and we just get used to seeing each other in our daily routines. So, now all those people know that I've been a slacker while they've been slaving away working out every morning.  They feel abandoned, betrayed, let down....actually they don't care, but I did have to explain myself to some!

I took about a month and a half hiatus from the gym for a few reasons.
1. I got lazy
2. Now that it's light out earlier in the morning...I can do my runs by my house and not have to lug my huge backpack into work.
3. It's cooler from 6:30-7:30  (when I run at home) rather than from 7:30-8:30 (when I run in the city) soooo I'd like to get the run in earlier rather than later.

But today I had plans to meet and run with my friend Meghan at the entrance to Central Park at Columbus Circle and boy did I need this extra boost of motivation!! I actually missed my earlier train ride in (which is less crowded and much quicker), the weather was gorgeous and running in central park is so much prettier than the trail I take out by my house. Soooo thanks to Meghan kicking me into gear, I feel back in the game. Hopefully we can make this a little Tuesday morning ritual for us! Plus...for some reason, I have more time when I run in the city and I was able to get in a fabulous ab workout afterward. Then, I weighed myself on the scale in the locker room and though it's higher than I want it to be...it was less than the last time I weighed myself and I really thought it was going to be more. So, those things combined make for a very happy Laura today.

Miles Run today: 4
Total Miles Run for 2010: 347.5

No comments:

Post a Comment