Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Ran with Meghan again this morning! We ran along the Hudson River, which I've never run before! It was such a nice change of scenery and I seriously felt like I was on vacation at the beach and didn't have to go into work in 2 hours! Unfortunately, I was realll sluggish this morning for some reason, I hope I didn't hold Meghan back too much! At least there was the occasional nice breeze off the water. It was really humid out and I just didn't know if I could run the full hour...so I ran 45 minutes (which is pretty much what I'm used to running these days) and then had to take a break. We were fairly close to where we were going to split off anyway, so I told her to just go on ahead and I'd see her at work later. I walked/recovered for 2 minutes and then ran another half mile to round out my run today at 5 miles plus 48 steps that I ran up leading to the road from the River. I had hoped to do 6 miles...but I'm just fine with 5 and happy I have some new options when doing my morning runs!

I also decided that I'm going to register for the DIVA Half marathon in October this coming weekend (when I have a new Credit Card billing period because it's $75!!!!!) But that will be the only way I will be able to stay motivated with running plus, I'll finally be able to run a half marathon with Mal since I bailed on her this past April. I'm going to create my 12 week training schedule this week...I think that would begin in 2 weeks already!!

Miles Run today: 5
Total Miles Run for 2010: 361

No comments:

Post a Comment