Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Biking!

I've been woefully inactive since the race. I'm embracing it and telling myself it's ok..but seriously, I need to get back into a routine now. I can't become lazy especially with the holidays and the "winter slump" coming up...not to mention my wedding dress fitting in January! I've decided for the remainder of the year, I will devote this blog to my "work-outs" and not focus soley on my runs or how many miles I did. I still plan on running and hope to adapt to running in the colder weather. But I realize just how good of a workout I can get doing other things, too.

This morning I FINALLY woke up early and did levels 1 and 2 of Gillian Michael's 30 Day Shred DVD. It was frickin fantastic! I was sweating so much and I can tell my metabolism is spiked because I'm so hungry today!! It felt great to get up even with it still being pitch black out, not have to rush to the gym and get my work out done at home. For 3 years straight, I went to the gym before work. Each night, I packed up my bag, packed breakfast AND lunch, got up the next morning and rushed to a 6:30am train. And....I'm just kind of done with it. I've been so embracing getting my work outs done at home. I can make breakfast on the fly and not spend time the night before packing up my gym bag. I just wish I had more equipment to get even better work outs. However, I do think I've decided it's time to cancel my gym membership, or at least put it on hold. I haven't gone there in about 2 months now!

In addition to this morning's work out: This past weekend I was home in PA and did some pretty awesome bike rides with my dad. Seriously, my dad NEEDS to create his own blog with all the best biking trails in our area. He knows all of them, the best time to go, how long they are, how hilly they are, etc., etc., etc. This weekend's weather was beautiful and perfect for a bike ride.
Sunday afternoon we rode in Walnutport
So gorgeous! We rode right along the water
Waterfalls
 
 
On my mom's fancy new bike!

All in all on this day, we completed 16.04 miles and rode for 1 hour and 33 minutes!!


On Monday we got up at 7am to go for another brisk Fall morning Bike ride before my dad headed out to work. We did another 11.5 miles in 54:22!! I felt this ride a lot more, there were more hills and since I already knew this trail...I felt more comfortable going at a faster pace.
I can't wait to try out some more bike trails with my Dad as he discovers more and more. I'm home again briefly this weekend, and hope I can get myself out of bed early enough on Saturday to do another ride!!

No comments:

Post a Comment